TAI CHI (QI GONG) CLASSES ARE FAST BECOMING ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR COMPONENTS OF CORPORATE WELLNESS PROGRAMS AROUND THE WORLD.
Tai Chi is an easy and inexpensive way to improve employee health and productivity.
Tai Chi is both relaxing and re-energising for employees, without the pain or strain that can accompany other physically-demanding exercise sessions. It improves both mental and physical health in one gentle activity. QiGong / Chi Gong is a similar form of movement & exercise to Tai Chi, with both forms providing comparable movements and benefits.Onsite Tai Chi / QiGong is the perfect choice for an ongoing workplace wellness program.
Tai Chi helps manage and reduce stress and the effect it has on our health; improve balance, concentration, confidence, productivity and teamwork; encourages relaxation and effective breathing.
What Is Tai Chi?
Modern Tai Chi traces its roots to an ancient Chinese martial arts practice that was designed to improve the physical health of monks who spent the day meditating. Naturally, these monks included meditation and mindfulness in their physical exercises… and thus Tai Chi evolved as a time-efficient way to improve both mental and physical health.
Tai Chi movements are slow and relaxed, making it ideal for staff of all ages and fitness levels. Tai Chi’s physical movements are performed in combination with breathing exercises, which brings awareness to the mind thus building resiliency and reducing stress.
How Will Your Organisation Benefit from Tai Chi?
Introducing a workplace Tai Chi program for employees can improve your company’s performance in several ways:
- Reduced Absenteeism and Increased Staff Retention
Tai Chi’s proven mental health benefits (such as reduced stress) and physical health benefits (such as an improved immune system) addresses two important causes of absenteeism and staff turnover.
- Increased Productivity
Reducing stress, building resiliency, and clearing the mind allows staff to focus for longer periods and thus boosts concentration. Improving physical health reduces distraction from aches and pains to reduce “presenteeism”. Staff feel revived and energised, increasing their efficiency.
- Increased Creativity
The meditative aspect of Tai Chi teaches students to let go of attachment to thoughts and prejudices and thus opens the mind to “think outside the box” and be more creative.
Benefits of Tai Chi over Other Forms of Exercise?
When deciding what type of exercise component to include in your corporate wellness program, we believe that including Tai Chi classes is an ideal choice for the following reasons:
- Tai Chi requires no special equipment and is therefore inexpensive and easy to implement.
- It poses no risk of injury.
- Employees don’t need any preparation time to change into special clothing or time for showering afterwards.
- It reduces stress and improves their mental ability as well as physical health.
- Tai Chi isn’t competitive so staff of all ages and levels of ability benefit and enjoy the session.
- Tai Chi can be done anywhere, indoors or outside.
Health Benefits of Tai Chi for Your Staff?
An increasing amount of research by the medical community demonstrates that Tai Chi provides a range of health benefits:
- Tai Chi provides a cardiovascular workout without any harmful side effects
- It can improve existing medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, allergies, asthma
- Improves posture (and reduces back ache)
- Improves balance (and reduces falls)
- FROM A MENTAL HEALTH PERSPECTIVE Tai Chi:
- Reduces stress and builds resiliency
- Increases mindfulness and mental agility
- Improves focus, concentration and alertness
- Encourages team spirit through group practice
- Helps interpersonal skills (less stressed staff will be more pleasant to customers and other employees.
Contact Us Today
We offer Tai Chi classes typically lasting between 45 minutes and 1 hour to fit into a lunchtime ‘lunch and learn’ program. During the Tai Chi sessions your staff will also be taught practical exercises they can do at their workstation on a daily basis. When including Tai Chi as part of your ongoing workplace wellness program the classes can be held weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Our expertise is in tailoring programs to suit your budget and specific needs.
Please contact us on 021 2882380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise your corporate Tai Chi / Qi Gong class at work or to discuss any questions you may have.